Cape Town is the capital of the Western Cape as well as the Legislative Capital of South Africa. Also called the Cape, Fair Cape, Kaapstad, Kaapstadt, Kaap.
Cape Town has the ocean on the North, the South and the West and its' suburbs stretch right around the Table Mountain, a natural heritage site.
Cape Town is on the bucket-list of most South African as well as many tourists. The beauty of this city is truly amazing. From the culture of Cape Town to the sights, places of interest, tastes, experiences, accommodation, airport, winelands, beaches, mountain climbing, hiking, cycling routes, shark diving, surfing and more...
- Table Mountain - One of the 7 natural wonders of the world
- Cable Car or Hike up Table Mountain
- Cape Town Harbour
- Visit and shop at V&A Waterfront
- 2 Oceans Aquarium
- Wide Choice of Restaurants and Fast Food
- Muizenburg and other Surf Spots
- Beautiful Cape Floral Species
- For the more active, compete in the 2 Oceans Marathon, Cape Argus Cycle Race, go canyoning, shark cage-diving and more.
- Stay in a self catering ocean apartment or B&B or one of many hotels by checking availability here: Book Now!
- One of the Top 25 Cities in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards for 2013
- 2014 Named the World Design Capital
- Favorite City for 2013 according to The Telegraph Travel Awards
Cape Town was first developed by the Dutch East India Company as a supply station for Dutch ships sailing to India, East Africa and far East. Only on 6 April 1652 with the arrival of Jan van Riebeeck, was Cape Town established as a permanent settlement for Europeans in South Africa.