Thank you for your patience while we revamp parts of the website.
5 July 2014
Dear Train Client,
TRAIN TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE ONCE AGAIN:
First of all, we apologize for not being able to assist
you with tickets for Shosholoza train routes over the last 6 months and longer.
Unfortunately we were not permitted to reserve any place on Shosholoza without immediate payment at the time of enquiry. This made it very difficult to assist any clients on regular routes, but this has now been changed and we can hold your booking for 24 to 48 hours depending on the date of departure. The old South African Railways routes like Trans Karoo and Trans Oranje were renamed many years ago to read Johannesburg to Cape Town etc. More...
TRAIN SERVICES AVAILABLE:
Just a short reminder of all the train services we have available in South Africa and even up into Africa. Book Now
1) Sitter Coaches - (Economy Class Tickets) The old 3rd Class ticket is now called the Economy Class Ticket and accommodates 72 passengers per train coach in "Bus-style seats". (Toilets & wash basins are available on each coach) Check Routes or Book Ticket Now
2) Sleeper Coaches - (Tourist Class Tickets) These are the old 1st and 2nd Class coaches that were refurbished for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. 28
Passengers can be accommodated in compartments or coupes in a similar format to the 1980's Trans Karoo, Trans Oranje, Algoa and Trans Natal Routes. New to the sleeper train is a shower per coach and bathrooms on each end. (Toilets, wash basins
and a shower on each coach) Check Routes or Book Ticket Now
3) Sleeper Coaches - (Premier Classe Tickets) +/-14 Passengers in Single Coupe, Twin Coupe, or 4 Bed Compartments (Welcome drinks & snacks in the VIP lounge, five course dinner, full English breakfast, tea & coffee, comfortable bedding, bathrobes, air-conditioning, lounge car, restaurant car, dining car are all included, and extra meal and snacks on the Cape Town to Johannesburg Route) Check Routes or Book Ticket Now
4) Sleeper Coaches - Luxury: +/-7 to 10 Passengers per coach in 4-5 Star Single Compartment, Twin Compartment or Double Suites each with own bathrooms i.e. Luxury & Privacy. (4-5 Star welcome drinks & snacks in the VIP lounge, Chef-prepared five course dinner, full English breakfast, four course lunch, high tea, juice, tea & coffee, comfortable bedding, bathrobes, air-conditioning, lounge car, restaurant car, dining car are all included. More...
5) 2 Day to 14 Day Budget & Semi-Luxury Tours: Namaqualand Flower Tour, Motorbike Tours, Namibia Tour, Argus Cycle Tour Train, Kruger National Park Train Tour and more...
6) 2 Day to 28 Day Luxury or Ultra Luxury Train Tours: These trips are also called rail safaris / rail journeys, or train safaris. These once in a lifetime experiences are available throughout the length and breadth of Southern and Eastern Africa. We even have tours up to Dar Es Salaam or Cairo. (Excursions, secondary trips, meals, drinks, luxury bedding, air-conditioned, private bathrooms, 5 star dining, butlers, etc, are all included) More...
7) Day Trips: We also have tickets for short train tours from a few hours to a full day. There are short train tours in Cape Town, Magaliesburg Tour, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Kwazulu Natal, more...
8) Train Hire & Event Trains: We have various train options to make your wedding, anniversary, family reunion, corporate event, film shoot or private safari a success. More...
9) Transport Your Car by Train: Send your car by train to Cape Town, Johannesburg or Durban.
TIPS FOR BOOKING TRAIN TICKETS:
1) Please contact us well in advance by completing the online booking form. When we email you: Please have your South African ID number or Passport number available to make a reservation. Booking a train ticket is not something that can be arranged the day before departure, so please contact us early to avoid disappointment. (School and other holidays are often fully booked 2-3 months in advance)
2) Economy train tickets can be booked up to 90 days before departure, so please plan well in advance. Some Tours, Luxury Tours and Train Hire
can be booked up to a year or more in advance.
3) Train Hire for school groups, sporting teams, events, film shoots etc need to be arranged months in advance.
4) Payments for economy train tickets are always finalized by sending proof 100% payment before your expiry date. Some tours however can be booked by putting down a 50% non-refundable deposit.